Getting the semester started!!

Hey guys, welcome to the lifestyle section of this blog where I'll be sharing some things about my lifestyle and the student lifestyle in general. Hope you guys enjoy the write ups in this section, and invite your friends to check them out too.


In today's post,  I'll be sharing with you some tips on how to start the semester. If you're in college or university you've come to the right place, and if you're not, it's good to know you're preparing ahead for when it happens😃. As many of you may already know, I'm an Electrical Engineering Junior at the university I go to (Story for another day..LOL). So I think I have a pretty good experience with beginning of semesters because I've had over 5 of them myself😎. Before I get into details of the first 2 weeks of the semester, I just want to point out that It does not get easier as you go, but you get used to it and find ways to handle it like a boss which makes it seem easier. Bottom line is you can do it; you just need to find what works for you.
*Google images*

The first 2 days of a semester in every school typically looks like this; You go to class, the Instructor pulls up the syllabus and gives you a very brief (Totally depends on your prof😅) introduction of the course, tells you how the grades are gonna be distributed throughout the course etc. So it's not a big deal if you skip the first 2 days for an important reason. However, if you do not have any urgent matters to handle, you might as well attend because one, you don't want to start the semester already skipping classes for no reason and two, some instructors start with the class material on the first day and your foundation is kind of important.

After attending my first two days of classes, what I tryyy to do is take notes of all the exams and tests dates for the semester. If you have some clashes in exam slots or an unfair amount of exams in day, you might want to talk to your academic dean or instructor within the first two weeks. By the first week or first few days of classes, you must have gotten a taste of all your classes and at this point, if there's any optional class you're taking and you feel like its not for you, you have the chance to drop or you could stick to the class, and who knows it might get better. The choice is yours, but if you can't decide, talk to your adviser or the instructor about this course.

Final step is a personal thing. At this point, you should at least try to come up with a plan for the semester and set your goals. You want to have something you are working towards, so you're not just going through the semester with the "whatever happens" mindset. What I sometimes do is set a plan for how I'm gonna be studying for my classes, and set what grade i hope to achieve by the end of the semester. It does not have to be something big or an unrealistic goal, for example my study plan most semesters is making sure I do not let a week go by without understanding all that was done in class during that week. That way, I have an Idea of what is going on in my classes instead of waiting till exams week when you're literally dying😅. I do not usually set how many hours to study a day, because whenever I do, I never keep to the schedule. So I just try to make sure I'm up to date with the material. You just need to find what works for you.
*Google images*

To be realistic, there would be a point in the semester when it feels like everything is crashing (With the deadlines, exams, classes..lol its a mess). At that point, I ditch everything and go with the flow, while doing the best I can of course. In the end, Just make sure you give it your all, you have the holiday to relax once it's done!.
Wait!!..Its not all classes and study, at the beginning of the semester, you get to catch up with friends and talk about how your holiday went😅. You also get to enjoy of the fun events that comes with a new semester. REMEMBER TO EVERY CLOUD THERE'S A SILVER LINING!

**There's no right or wrong way, all I've written here is just to guide you. Just find what works for you!**
*Google Images* 





Comments

  1. I am not in school yet but at least I know what to expect and how to handle them..thanks to you hopeesblog. .more grace and wisdom to you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts