Local Jollof (Rice and beans)

Hey guys, hope you're all having a good day because i'm having a good day๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰. I know it's been a while since I posted on the blog but I have a good explanation for that.
So these last few weeks, I've been busy with adjusting to my new environment because I switched schools, then resumption happened so I had to take care of a few things as well, but I'm back now!!. With my busy schedule, I haven't been able to cook as much, not to talk of even blogging.

Long story cut short, I had plans this weekend to  make soup "for the week" (or for how long it's lasts), because being a student "i cannot comma be cooking everyday". Well, only for me to get my cooking stuff out and then realize I left the chicken in the freezer and it was already frozen. Quickly I had to switch plans, because I wanted to cook a proper meal for myself and soup without meat or fish just doesn't cut it.

Since I had rice, beans, palm oil, and dried fish, I decided to prepare the old fashioned Jollof rice with beans in it. And that's how my evening went from zero to hundred because this food tasted great!.

You don't believe me?? then try the recipe and see for yourself๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡
What you'll need:
About 1 cup of rice
1/2  cup of beans
1 scotch bonnet pepper (chopped)
1 large tomato (chopped)
1 large onions
1-2 cooking spoons of palm oil
salt, stock cubes
dried fish (washed) and/ cray fish
Any leaf vegetable (optional)

Directions:
1. First, wash and pre-cook rice and beans separately.
2. Next, pre-heat palm oil in a pot, and add onions, chopped tomato and pepper once oil is hot.


3. Allow to cook and stir from time to time until tomato is cooked.

4.  Pour beans, and rice into pot and add some more water if the water from the beans is not enough
5. Add salt and stock cubes to taste, then add dried fish and cray fish, stir together and allow to cook.
6. Once it's almost dry, add leaf vegetable (I used spinach) and stir together.
7. leave till water is completely dried.

ENJOY WITH MEAT, OR FISH OF YOUR CHOICE๐Ÿฒ๐Ÿฒ๐Ÿ˜‹





Comments

Popular Posts